For foods that fall outside the Food and Drug Regulations in Canada, a Temporary Marketing Authorization (TMA) is required to prompt a regulatory amendment from Health Canada. Products that may require a TMA include foods and beverages supplemented with vitamins, minerals, and/or other bioactive ingredients (e.g., caffeine). Successful TMA submissions result in a Temporary Marketing Authorization Letter (TMAL) from Health Canada, signifying official approval.

Our regulatory affairs specialists will help you fulfill all necessary TMA submission requirements, including gathering safety data and scientific evidence, facilitating a pre-submission consultation with Health Canada (if desired), and planning marketing and advertising strategies.

Learn how we can help you navigate the regulations surrounding TMA applications in Canada.


Learn More